Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Catch up, and soon home!!!

Huh, the dreadful job of catching up with my blogging shall be done today.  It's a must since it's the last day of this month of May and I must at least blog once in each month.  Last time I blogged was right before my two week break.  Well, let's begin there. 

I first went to Bullet Tree for the beginning of break.  I didn't do too much there except relax with the Landeros at their parents' house.  We played some futbol, basketball, swam in the river, all that fun stuff.  I also got to go see a Mayan Ruin finally!  I believe it would have been a lot more exciting if I wasn't by myself.  I'm not going to lie, it seemed just like a pile of rocks.  I mean after going to Italy where everything is so ancient and well preserved and in great condition, the ruins were quite, not up to par per say.  It was still cool and I'm glad I got to go there.  That was about the first week and a half of my break. 

Next I ventured up to Corozal close to the Mexican border.  MANGO HEAVEN!!!!  Yum!!!  I ate so many mangoes during break.  Especially in Corozal.  I ate 2-4 a day.  The big ones!  =D  That makes a happy Matthew.  While I was there was a lot more relaxing again.  I did get to make it across the border into Mexico though which was fun.  It steps up a lot in the standard of living there for sure.  It was close to the States compared to Belize by a long shot!  Things are a lot cheaper there too.  I got some authentic *cough* Ray Ban glasses for 60 pesos.  Which is like 5 USD.  I got some other things as well, it was a lot of fun.  Then I headed back to school and began the cycle all over again.

This month has gone by fast and all kind of blends together.  I'll just give some highlights.  A student stole a small MP3 player from desk and a little bit of money which was for the school.  We had a good idea who was involved and the next day we found out and I got it back.  The threw it in the bathroom bit unfortunately.  Luckily it was to the side and not in the disgusting collection, but still, quite disgusting.  I haven't used it since.  I have cleaned it, not used it yet though.  It makes you think of what you're listening to is garbage or not.  There was also talk about maybe putting cleaning chemicals in my water, which is no bueno.  Matt no le gusta.  Apparently though, they meant putting salt or sugar and to be funny.  I was never worried, but still, no me gusta.  However, all in all, the one who stole from my has now been baptized.  Praise God!  God sure does work in mysterious ways.  I was so devastated when this situation arose.  I didn't care about the item, but it hurt a lot.  I'm here volunteering, trying to help others, serve others, and they steal from me.  I'm so unappreciated and it's heart-breaking when you honestly care so much for the students and they don't seem to care at all.  I prayed for justice.  For God's will to be done and not mine.  Praise God!  His will is so much greater than even my thoughts!  It was a great experience, afterward.  To look back upon.

Now, here I am.  We are in the middle of review week and next week is exam week and school is finished!  However, I won't be here until the end of school.  Leoni Meadows Summer Camp wants Challenge Course staff, which I am this summer, to come a week early to get trained.  The week of the 14th-17th of June.  Therefore I talked to the principal here, and emailed back to the PUC World Missions Coordinator last week.  Within 24 hours, everything was worked out and my flight got changed from the 15th to the 9th.  Now it seems that they won't need me up at camp that early.  I'll get a few more days to rest and to visit then.  A-ok with me.  Only 9 days and I shall be back home in the good ole U S of A. 

There has been other happenings as well, once again they all kind of blend together and nothing is sticking out too much in my mind at the moment.  If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to ask or comment away!  Thank you for all your prayers and love.  I miss you all and will see you all very shortly. 

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHHH! When you read this you'll be back in the States! Holy cow man, you did it! Praise God. :) I'm so excited for you to get to be home man. I can't wait til we all get to hang out and tell ridiculous stories. Sounds like The last few weeks have been good though. I'm glad. Congrats man. You survived

    ReplyDelete