Monday, April 18, 2011

Another Month

I'm not the most consistent with this blogging business.  It just takes so much work to blog for me.  Anyways, lots has happened this past month.  I got to go to San Pedro with the church's Women's Ministry.  It was sweet, I met a lot of new people and I got to go Scuba Diving at the Barrier Reef!  I saw lots and lots of fish, a turtle doing his thing, munching on some grass.  I also saw an eel and got to touch a shark and a sting ray.  I got some good pictures and videos of it all, do not worry.  I stayed with the pastor while I was there and he invited me to come any time.  I don't think I will unfortunately.  I also met a man there who is the manager of the water system in San Pedro, so I got a free tour of it.  It was sweet!  They had a million gallon silo there!

What else has happened.  We had our school's sports day and it went quite well.  Got some compliments on how it was better and more organized than last year.  Which is nice because I felt like it was a little hectic, but it all worked out.  Unfortunately my team took second.  It was still a good day and no fighting or arguing, and we had a lot of fun.  Then last Friday, I went to the river with some students.  I borrowed a student's bike and we biked about 5 miles round trip, but that's not a gear bike.  It's a cruiser bike going up huge hills and seats are way too low.  While we were at the river I met a man who caught two turtles and was going to sell them for meat.  It was interesting; I also got some free watermelon.  Then I came bike and was helping cleaning and preparing the church for communion.  They decided to burn some trash, and they walked away from the fire (people here are not safe with fires), then the fire got out of hand and they walked away and said there's nothing we can do anyways.  So a little later when it was heading towards a house, they someone else decided we should try and control it.  Oh my that was crazy, but nothing bad ended up happening.  People have been burning all their fields lately before the summer rains.  It's terrible!!!  So much smoke and they are destroying the land! 

This week we had a trip to Calcuta where all the Adventist highschools met to have a sports day.  It was not organized and was quite a dud, but it was still fun getting to go and travel in a bus.  I'm sure kids will look fondly on it in the future.  I also got to talk with some students and learn more about them and share more about myself.  I actually got asked a question about death and hell by one of the students.  I gave my answer, and they asked if I was going to be a pastor, because I made it really clear.  I have been doing studies about all those types of questions and more and it's amazing how when you study, when you obtain the knowledge and information, God will give you the opportunity to use it.  The next day I got to give a Bible study too!!  Alright well I got to go now!  It's spring break and I won't be around for two weeks.  Take care!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are going well man. Good job organizing the sports day. I can't wait to here more about all these stories. I know what you mean about blogging being hard. It's all about what you want to write, but it still feels like you are writing an essay :). Keep going, man. Sounds like God's doing big things. I'm still praying for you.

    ReplyDelete