Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tropical Storm Richard

Another tropical storm is coming.  It's predicted to become a hurricane tomorrow.  This one is more on track of hitting Belize than any of the other two, but hopefully it's just another fake cry for wolf.  If a hurricane hits it'll really hurt Belize.  Tourists, ruined crops, famine, etc.  It's expected to hit tomorrow  night, so we'll see what happens.

Another busy week with school.  Tomorrow I have a lot of grading to do.  Grades are suppose to be in the office Monday, but if we don't have school because of the hurricane, who knows, I might be able to spread my work out at least. =)  Something beneficial at least.  Please pray for the church here too.  It's rough.  I went visiting with a couple of the Elders and a church member isn't coming to church any more and it's tough to see.  It just hard for me to see because he is so confused and not where he thinks he is.  It's hard to see people get so lost and confused about the Bible and how they change.  He kept on changing excuses and saying he's made up his mine.  It is so human oriented instead of God oriented and it's hard to see.  Especially because he is/was an elder.  I really don't know.  But please pray for the church and him. 

Oh I preached last Wednesday night.  Well, more led an amazing facts guide, but I led it.  It went pretty well even though it was last minute.  It was totally what I needed too!  I've been doing a lot of studying and focusing on God, but it has been difficult lately.  There's three things for a Christian to survive.  It's reading the Bible, praying, and witnessing.  I haven't had too much witnessing and I have done so much it seems since Wednesday now.  It feels really great and it is what I needed.  I led out in a youth Sabbath School today. Kelly and I were talking about the church last night and I said I'd lead a youth Sabbath School because they don't have one, thinking like in a week or so, so I could look over the lesson.  Nope, this morning in church while the kids were going to there class Kelly announced I'll be leading a youth Sabbath School.  I was a little surprised, but it went well.  I'm sure it will get even better as time goes on.  I'm excited!  Well, I should probably be going to bed.  Thank you for all your prayers and cares.  God bless and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment