Sunday, March 20, 2011

7 months Ahora

I have been here in Belize for over 7 months now.  Less than three months left.  I am TIRED!!!  Exhausted and I don't have much motivation or energy left.  I'm not a big writer, or a person who keeps in touch that well, and trying to write a blog has been very difficult this past week.  Plus with not having the key to get to the internet, the storm, and power outage, made it difficult as well.  I really don't know where to begin as usually.  I think this will be a short blog, maybe, I'll tell you of some things I have done though.

We have been doing school promotions for the past 4 weeks now I believe.  We go to different churches and do the church service and talk about our school and Adventist Education.  Therefore I've been able to get out more and have less time to be on the internet.  Anyways, two weeks ago we had a school promotion and then a three day weekend.  Mmm, also before the school promotion we ended the crusade and 4 more people got baptized.  Praise the Lord!  Over 50 people have been baptized while I've been here.  After that and the promotion, I went with the Landeros to visit their family in Bullet Tree.  We also crossed the border and I got to go to Guatemala again.  Unfortunately we had car trouble though so I wasn't able to go to a Mayan Ruin.  I've been here 7 months and have yet to make it to one.  But I did go swimming in the river at least.  Nothing after that weekend really sticks out in my mind for anything happening during that week.  Another normal week of teaching and being busy, etc. 

This last week though was quite a busy one.  I've been so exhausted and not really having the desire to teach (Now this doesn't mean I haven't been.  It's how I feel, but when it comes done to it, I do what needs to be done.  I teach.), and in a way, I got two days off this past week.  This past Wednesday was the Nutrition Competition.  I got to drive the van and 12 or so students to it.  While were there, we got 2nd place!!  Each participant got $200 each for 2nd place!  They made money!  As the coach, I got a picture frame, and a bag of whole wheat flour.  Ha ha, I'll have healthy tortillas now.  It's good seeing the students do well and be motivated.  Plus I got to drive the van!  Now I can finally say I have driven in Belize.  Then on Friday, Kelly and I took 15 or so students to a science fair. 

Then yesterday we went way out to do another promotion and we drive by the Blue Hole.  After church we went back there and had lunch there.  It was really pretty and I wanted to swim so badly!  We hiked around in our church clothes and it was nice to be in nature again.  Then this morning I woke up, went right to work to do my laundry, and then half way the pastor brought some missionaries so I had to show the the school.  I talked with them, let them use my computer to get on the internet, and gave them pictures and the power point presentation I made of the school.  I also hadn't eaten all day either because I was about to eat right when they came.  I would've been done before 11:00, but I didn't end up finishing until around 1:30 and the spin dry wasn't working so I had to hang up my clothes while they were soaked still.  Oh, by the way, if you don't know about how I do my laundry, let me explain.  I have to pour about 4-5, 5-Gallon buckets that I have to walk about 100 feet to feel up the washer, then I wash my clothes.  Then I have to wring out my clothes, then rinse them in water.   Wring them a 2nd time and let them soak in a tub of water and softener.  Then wring them out the third time and put them in a spin dry.  After that then I hang up my clothes.  Therefore, doing laundry on average takes about 2 hours.  Anyways, a snippet of my life.  Well I should go, it's getting late and I should sleep and start out the week right.  I'm sorry for not blogging lately.  Please continue to pray and write me!  It's a little difficult right now.  I'll make it through though, no doubt.  God's on my side.  Plus I'm over 70% done, I've passed!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, I tried to comment on this like 2 weeks ago but the internet freaked out and I couldn't do it. Sounds like you're doing some awesome stuff.Yay for tortillas.. That's a random but useful prize. Laundry sucks here and I don't even have to do anything. It sounds like a place where I just wouldn't wash anything ever lol. You're in my prayers man. Keep going strong. God's got plenty of life to feed off of. Lean on Him. Woo! Enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete