Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mr. Matthew

I am a teacher. I so I’ve been acting like it. Well, I really haven’t been teaching, I’ve just been used. At first I was quite proud of myself how I pulled some things off yesterday. But thinking about it later it wasn’t me at all. As I have been praying continually to be Spirit led and for help. Our God is great and such a help. Yesterday was my first day actually teaching classes and I had to teach six. I was only expected five but on my schedule it didn’t show another class I was supposed to teach. The Math classes were really easy for me so I really don’t ever have to spend too much time planning for those classes, except that a lot of the students have the 3rd edition book and I have the 2nd edition, so I have to look at their books and find the same problems so I can assign them their homework. The Physics class is quite easy as well just because I have been doing that for quite a long time now and I am really comfortable with it especially after this last year of school. But the biology class is interesting. The books here are way different than the books in the States. Books in the States are big and thick, have lots of pictures and examples, words and a lot more information to be blunt about it. An average chapter in the Biology book here is two to three pages. And I have about three to four weeks for each chapter so, it takes a lot expanding. At the same time though, there is a lot of memorization in Biology so I’m going to have to do a bunch of different activities so the information will stick in the students’ brains. So I’ll have to play games, do presentations, color and draw, and lots more. But I’m feeling good about it. I have been having a lot of fun.
Right now I haven’t taught yet today and I have had quite a bit of time. I have used it well too. I have cleaned my desk and organized it. I’ve got all my record files on my computer for grades. I have my week pretty much figure out as well for what to teach during my classes, so I’m feeling good. And, I have some free time so I’m decided to blog, even though I won’t be able to post it ‘til later. Well, I’m about to teach 1st Form Math now so I should get going. Much love and prayers too all of you!
PS
There’s a sweet double rainbow!! I’ll try and put some pictures up soon of where I am. And the double rainbow.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun, Matt! Keep looking up! ~SR

    P.S. Can't wait to see those pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Matthew.... Catchy :D I find it very fitting. Hey so now that you're a teacher of the sciences.... I know it might be somewhat new to ya so I would just like to lend my very limited expertise to help you in any way. I think from my work this summer I've now made a decision to eventually end up in academia :) I never really thought I would but I think I've finally realized that's where I'm going to be happiest. So, if you need help planning/expanding/thinking of your curriculum I would be more than happy to help out (especially w/ Biology as I think I remember you mentioning you hadn't taken it). If you need to bounce off ideas or some demos you might want to do please feel free to ask. Good luck with this school year and feel free to shoot me an e-mail with anything you might need :)

    chemistromero@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, that's so cool Rai. Mr. Romero, now that's catchy. Sweet Rai, I'll probably take you up on that offer, especially with Biology. I got through the first two weeks and now I'm not sure how I'm going to go about this 4th Form business. Thanks Rai.

    ReplyDelete