Thursday, September 30, 2010

Duds and Floods

Tropical Storm Matthew...........was a dud.  It went west into Guatemala and didn't even hit.  That day ended up being so depressing.  I was wanting forever for it, and it never came.  All the anticipation and excitement when down the drain.  Anticlimactic to the max!! 

My yearly plans for all my classes are due at the end of the month.  It happens to be, I didn't start on it until this last weekend.  I have finished my Biology classes and Math classes, I only have my Physics yearly plans left.  I'll be finished with those by Sunday.

Monday night it did rain for a couple hours though, pretty hard too.  I had a big leak and water was pouring in.  I decided I should fix it because it is supposed to rain here all week.  I went out in the rain with shorts and flip flops and my leoni rain jacket and made a great cover for my leaking window.  I wrapped some 2 by 4's in plastic and drilled it to my house and it worked.  But doing everything by myself, in the dark, and so on and so forth, I was in the rain for about an hour.  Now I didn't think anything of it, but the next day I had a sore throat and a runny noise.  That next night was horrible, I had fever and my head was soooo heavy.  I got about 4 hours total of sleep.  The next day my throat wasn't sore at least.  It was in my head and my noise.  Luckily I was able to take a nap yesterday from 4:00 - 8:30, then sleep again good that night. 

I was illegal for half the day yesterday.  I thought my vise expired the 29th, but it expired the 28th.  I went to extend it and no problems!  They lady stamped the extension, and then I think she realized the date was quite right, but she already stamped so she didn't say anything.  Thank you God!!!  It was funny and made me laugh.  Oh, and I got to go to the post office and pick up a package!!!  Thank you so much Mrs. Jenson!  It was wonderful!  It's so nice to get packages from back home.  It's so exciting and I just feel so loved, and so cared about.  It made my day better, and helped the sickness bearable.  I can't wait to eat the food, but I need to ration it.  Also I want all my taste buds back so I can enjoy it all. 

Well that's what has been going on.  Oh and week of prayer for the church because we're going to begin the crusade next week.  So even busier!!  Yippee. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh MATT! I'm so sorry you've gotten sick!!! But I commend your skills at fixing your window! BRAVO! Its crazy to hear about your visa, God is SOOOOO GOOD!!! I'm just happy to hear that you are doing great over there! I love seeing and reading your posts! Take care bud!

    ReplyDelete