Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Four Weeks.

Hey sorry I haven't been blogging, life has been busy for sure.  I have been trying to get all the grading up to date and preparing for classes and figuring out what I'm teaching in Biology, ha.  It's not too bad really, just some reading when I can and trying to understand it enough to teach it without looking at the book too much.  I'm learning a lot actually. 
Things are going really good.  I'm happy.  I have little moments were I'm lonely and I miss everyone, but that's expected.  I can't wait to see everyone!  But it's good here.  There's a big storm coming in right now.  It's not a tropical storm but it's still a storm that's going to bring flash floods.  It's nothing to worry about where I am though.  So don't worry I'm safe.  I'm really excited about it though.  I really like storms!  There's so much life to them.  I like it a lot.  It makes me smile and want to just watch.  I want too see lightning strike close by.  And this year I want to get at least one good picture of a lightning strike.  Also with the rain and a storm coming in, it was a gorgeous sun set, I like it a lot.  But with the storm I'm not going to have internet and I might loose some power so I shouldn't take too much longer.
The fourth formers took all their papers back, but four of them turned it papers that cheated so I have to deal with them.  And it's hard to communicate with their parents because they don't speak English.  Hardly any fourth former parents showed up for the meeting today and none of the parents of the academic students showed up.  That's the students I teach.  Oh well, it's just another thing I have to do.  But tomorrow with 3rd form Biology we are going to make edible cells!  I made the jello about an hour ago for the cytoplasm, and then we'll use candy for the organelles of the cell.  I like science.  Especially when it's edible! =P  Alright I should go.  There's a little update of my life and what's going on.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I may have even liked science if it was in the form of jello and candy! I love hearing about your teaching adventures! Sounds like you are definitely challenged! Kids will always push to see what they can get away with no matter what country they are in. Way to stay with it.

    Got Randi settled in LL and today was her first day of school. It's a lot of change and she's not a big fan of change but I know she'll do just fine. Feels weird not to have anyone at WWU tho. I'm trying to keep myself busy so I don't get too lonely. I always have Harley tho! :)

    ReplyDelete