Thursday, September 23, 2010

Independence and Rain!!

Happy Belizean Independence!!! Oh, my this has been one tiring week. Monday we walked around the village. Then we prepared and made our signs and fixed up our float for our march in Belmopan. It's a lot of work for only a few teachers to be in control of 90 kids. It was crazy. Plus I got some color! It was a lot of fun and chaos, and hard to get the kids to get in a good line and be presentable. We should of prepared more, but it was still good and fun. It rained on us during the parade too. I'll put some pictures up.

So I'm super excited! I read a book and it was talking about someone who promised God to win ten souls in one year. In 7 months he already had 8. So why don't we do the same thing. I have a bunch of texts that pop into my mind but I'll just put 1 John 5:14,15 "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him." So why don't we ask for more? Ask for it all? This is been on my mind lately. So I promised God to help me win 5 souls in one year. Unfortunately it seems that I'm not so confident as I'm saying why not ask for it all, and my lack of faith shows. But taking a step in the right direction though, and I want to challenge you to do the same. So I was talking with my class this morning, I didn't know what I was going to do for devotions because I have devotions with them every morning except Wednesday, and it was all God given praise the Lord. I've been really wanting to be searching in our Bibles during that time and finding answers to questions they have and are important to them. So I was asking them what or were we should begin. Someone said Revelation. That's so amazing!! I was and am very excited for that. It's going to take a lot of preparation and careful studying, but I totally want to do it. Also, we are in charge of chapel next week. We got a theme of "Communication" and they were saying like why doesn't Jesus come to us and talk. It just makes me excited to hear that they have questions. Now my goal is to get them to want to find questions to their questions, to get them seeking! Well, not my goal, I can't do that. But for God to press on their hearts for that need! I'm so excited and please pray for them and for me.

Now, more rain!!! There's a tropical storm starting to hit. It's Tropical Storm Matthew! Ha ha, what a perfect name for it. After it hits Belize it's expected to become a hurricane and go up in Mexico. But it's not going to be too big of a deal here. I'm perfectly safe. I'm getting and going to get a lot of rain. And more wind. Yep, so that's what's going on. I'll try and put up some pictures.  The pictures aren't uploading right now, so maybe later.

No comments:

Post a Comment