Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hello All

So it’s Sunday. Another day here in Belize, I have a lot to do. Work never seems to cease. There is always work to be done. I have to grade so so so much and I have to finish my yearly plans for my all my classes by the end of this month. Then we are going to have a crusade which is like an evangelistic series and that start the 3rd of October. That will last for two weeks of meetings every night. I will be an usher for that. So it just adds more to my load, but I really don’t feel over burdened. I give to Lord and I don’t worry about it too much. It’s a little annoying though that I’m never done or caught up with my work.
I have dealt with the fourth formers. I need to talk with their parents now. It’s difficult because they don’t speak English so it complicates the parent teacher communication even more. But those fourth formers are a mess. They really don’t know their basics and only about three passed the test. One actually studied and it shows for sure. They don’t put any effort in or care. I need to get them to start trying, or else they will fail. I’m thinking of giving them another test and weighting them so they are beneficiary but not too much. Also, of slowing down, even though we are already behind, and go over some of the basics again because they’ll keep on failing if they don’t get the basics down. By the basics I mean conversions and checking units. For example, a question you should ask yourself, does my answer for finding force come out to be Newtons? Because it should. Or for mass, do I have kilograms. These are simply ways to show that you made a mistake and you need to fix it. So I’ll have to cover those again.
But at least this week will be different and not too much school. It’s independence day on Tuesday. So we are marching around Valley of Peace with all the other schools tomorrow. Then on Tuesday we are going to go to Belmopan, the capital, and have a float and march with the other schools. So it’ll be fun and different. I’m excited!! I need to get out. I really haven’t been out of here for a while. But today I got to start making the float and then we were looking for some stuff, so I got to travel around Valley of Peace which was nice to finally see more of the village. I wish I had someone to explore with. I was lonely for a little bit today. I feel like I could use a friend, but I can survive. I knew I just needed to sleep and I’d be fine, but it’s too hot in my house during the day. So I laid on a desk in the staff room. Just about feel asleep and then Alondra walked in. But it was good enough. I was feeling better and went to work grading papers. I got a lot graded. I have everything graded except for dang Math. We are going to start grading in class so I can actually keep up with it. Anyhoo, that’s what’s going on. God is good. Taking great care of me, and I’m at peace. Well, off to church!

No comments:

Post a Comment